Rather reach in your fridge than you medicine cabinet for a cure? Here are nine foods that might keep you from having to visit the doctor.
1. Prevent PMS with pork 'n' beans - Eating a 3-ounce serving of the meat and a cup of cooked beans regularly will be just enough to keep those cramps away.
2. Eat asparagus, prevent a hangover - The leaves and shoots of this super-veggie contain enzymes that break down alcohol, preventing a hangover, and eating it the day after can tame a hangover that’s already there, according to Korean scientists.
3. Lemonade cures kidney stones - Lemon juice has the highest levels of citrate of any citrus juice, and that citrate helps dissolve any calcium deposits that will eventually turn into kidney stones.
4. Drink coffee, defeat depression - Caffeine may protect the brain against certain neurotoxins that can cause depression, according to a Harvard study, or it could be the energy lift you get from chronic, low-level exposures to the stimulant.
5. Yogurt to ward off colds - Vamp up your immune system by downing a cup of probiotic-rich yogurt every day. Those good bacteria strengthen your immunity and have been associated with a 42 percent lower risk of getting upper respiratory infections.
6. Red wine prevents weight gain - Researchers from Purdue University found that piceatannol found in red wine prevents or delays immature fat cells from developing into mature fat cells. Also found in grapes and blueberries, if wine isn’t your thing.
7. Pomegranates to ward off sunburn - Pomegranates are a rich source of ellagic acid, which can help protect your skin from UVA- and UVB-induced cell damage.
8. Beef liver Helps Headaches - Beef liver is one of the best dietary sources of the B vitamin riboflavin, which helps in reducing the frequency of migraine headaches.
9. Eat organic - Diabetes, cancer, Parkinson's disease, infertility, obesity--all ill health effects attributed to the synthetic pesticides used on nonorganic food. Do your body good, go organic!
Source: Yahoo Shine