A Chinese chef was cooking a dish that involved cobra flesh (not sure what kind of dish involves cobra flesh), and it turned deadly. Peng Fan chopped off the head of the snake and set it aside while he chopped up the body.

According to the "Mirror," he went to throw the head out 20 minutes later and it bit him!  He died from the venom. Diners heard a commotion in the kitchen, which understandably ruined their meal. “Suddenly there was a lot of commotion,” one woman said. “We did not know what was happening . . . After we heard that, we did not continue with our meal.”

As one expert explained to the paper, all reptiles can live for up to an hour with only a head. 

Source: "Mirror"