As of this morning, with the addition of BMW and Ford, there are now 7 makes involved in latest auto recall.
It's all because of the airbags that were used in them-instead of protecting you, they could explode and hit you with metal shrapnel if you're in a crash.
Since millions and millions of cars are affected by this recall, but only the one airbag manufacturer, replacements may not be ready yet.
But look and see if your vehicle is being recalled, and then get it in to be serviced as soon as possible, even if it's just to get it on the waiting list.
*btw* They suspect that both heat and humidity could be playing some role in the malfunction.
Here are some of the models included:
- Honda: 2001-2005 Civics, 2001-2007 4-cyl. Accords, 2002-2006 CR-V, 2002-2004 Odyssey, others
- Nissan: 2001-2003 Maxima, Pathfinder, I30/I35, others
- Mazda: 2003-2007 Mazda 6, 2004-2008 RX-8, others
- Toyota: 2003-2005 Corolla, Matrix, Sequoia, Tundra, others
- Dodge: 2006 Charger
- Ford: 2005-2007 Mustang, 2005-2006 GT, 2004 Ranger
- BMW: certain 3 Series
- Source NHTSA, auto makers
Find out if your car is on the list: CLICK HERE.