Ask any mother-to-be and they’ll tell you preparing for a new baby is expensive. Most expecting mothers host a baby shower to give their friends and family the opportunity to help gather all the things they need. Unfortunately, foster parents and at-risk families don’t usually have this luxury, so Froggy’s Closet, a project of the Families Reaching Out Group, is throwing a month-long baby shower to support foster and at-risk families with newborns and infants.
For the month of April, Froggy’s Closet will be accepting donations of *new* baby clothing, gear and supplies at various local churches and businesses as well as through their online baby registry. The list of items needed are:
- New Car Seats (High Back Booster Seat; 3 Point Harness Seat)
- Crib Sheets
- Pack n’ Play Sheets
- Newborn through 3 month clothing
- Infant toys
- Board books
- Diapers (Newborn and Size 1)
- Newborn first aid kids
- Burp cloths
To participate, you can purchase items from the Target or Amazon gift registries and have the gifts shipped directly to Froggy’s Closet or you can shop yourself and drop the items off at any of the following collection locations:
- Valley Health Wellness and Fitness (401 Campus Boulevard - Winchester)
- Froggy’s Closet (32 East Piccadilly Street - Winchester)
- City National (600 N Commerce Ave - Front Royal)
- Espresso Bar and Cafe (165 North Loudoun Street - Winchester)
- First Presbyterian Church (116 South Loudoun Street - Winchester)
- Fox’s Pizza Den (616 East Main Street - Berryville)
The April clothing drive was inspired by Froggy’s February Foot Month, a shoe drive that collects new shoes for children in need. This February, our community helped Froggy’s collect a record-setting 800 pairs of shoes! Thank you, in advance, for helping Froggy’s ensure that no child in our community goes without their basic needs.
Founded in 2009, Families Reaching Out Group (FROG), a Winchester, Virginia based non-profit, is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children who have been victims of abuse, neglect or are at-risk. FROG serves children in Winchester and Frederick, Clarke, Shenandoah and Warren Counties.