Man Dies Of Bacteria Illness After Eating Raw Oysters

posted by BC - 

A 71-year-old man in Florida died on July 10 after being infected by bacteria that can cause serious gastrointestinal illness and rarely flesh-eating disease (necrotizing fasciitis) from eating a contaminated raw oyster, according to local news reports. The man ate the bad oyster at a Sarasota restaurant two days before succumbing to gastrointestinal illness.

These bacteria thrive in warm, salty water, which is why infections tend to happen more in the summer.

Posted by INSIDER on Monday, July 23, 2018

title

Content Goes Here