While Monday is Women’s Equality Day, most women know there's a long way to go before there's true equality both at work, and even in society in general. When it comes to salary, women are consistently being paid less than their male counterparts, and in some jobs that salary differential is pretty significant.
Well, 24/7 Wall Street has come out with a list of the Worst Paying Jobs for Women in the U.S., looking at female weekly earnings as a percentage of male weekly earnings in full-time wage and salary occupations.
So, which job is the worst when it comes to paying women? Well, the absolute worst is securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents, where women make 63.9% of what men do. A woman’s median weekly earnings is about $1,047, while men get $1,639.
Ten Worst Paying Jobs For Women
(click herefor the complete list)
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents
- Credit counselors and loan officers
- Physicians and surgeons
- Drivers/ sales workers/ truck drivers
- Sales representatives, services, all other
- Chief executives
- Real estate brokers and sales agents
- Financial managers
- First-line supervisors of production and operating workers
- Retail salespersons
Source:24/7 Wall Street