Vaping Incident At Indiana High School Sends Five To The Hospital

An investigation is underway after two teachers and three students from an Indiana high school have been hospitalized with suspected vaping-related illnesses.

Michael Gasaway, principal of Madison Consolidated High School (MCHS), said the teachers fell ill while monitoring an area in the school’s C-wing. The hospitalizations are precautionary.

A vaping device was later found near the classroom involved and a student is being disciplined. There is large concern at the school, as this is not the first vaping problem this month.

Over a five-day stretch earlier this month, nine other students were taken to hospital with alleged vaping illnesses. In some cases, the kids weren’t breathing.

As of Feb. 4, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that vaping-related lung injury has hospitalized a total of 2,758 people nationally and resulted in the deaths of 64.

Source:ABC News

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content