There are a lot of things people look for when finding the perfect mate, and according to a study conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Christian Brothers Automotive, how they drive may factor in their decision.
A new poll finds:
- 56% of Americans would rule out dating someone they consider an unsafe driver.
- 18% have actually ended a relationship with a partner who was reckless behind the wheel.
- 78% of folks say how a person drives says a lot about their personality.
- As for the top driving “red flags,” they include:
- Excessive speeding (61%)
- Cutting off other cars in traffic (54%)
- Leaving inadequate following distance on the highway (44%)
- Yelling at other drivers (43%)
- Excessive horn honking (38%)
- Not using the car’s turn signal when turning (38%)
- One hand on the wheel (29%)
- Talking constantly while driving (29%)
- Unnecessary high beam use (25%)
- Singing while driving (18%)
- While it may seem boring to be a safe driver, 46% of Americans consider those who follow the rules of the road more trustworthy.
- In addition, 60% of people say the way a person takes care of their car says a lot about them.
- 52% consider those who take care of their care as responsible
- 43% consider them reliable.
But even though bad driving may be a relationship deal breaker, it seems a lot of folks are guilty of it.
- When it comes to personal preferences, 41% of people like to drive fast.
- One in three people admit they think the speed limit is “just a suggestion”