Pet parents won’t be shocked at this news: People are happier when they have fur babies.
Petplan and Microsoft teamed up for a study about pet ownership. Here’s what they found:
- Globally, pet ownership boosts happiness by 22-percent
- The average happiness score is 36.8-percent, but for pet owners it’s 59.3-percent
- The happiest pet owners are in New Zealand, with the US at number 14
- The average pet owner is a staggering 172.8-percent happier than the average person
- In the US that number is just over 70-percent
Source: Study Finds