From the National Weather Service:
Frederick MD-Augusta-Rockingham-Shenandoah-Frederick VA-Page-Warren-Clarke-Nelson-Albemarle-Greene-Madison-Rappahannock-Northern Fauquier-Western Loudoun-Jefferson-Including the cities of Frederick, Ballenger Creek, Staunton, Waynesboro, Stuarts Draft, Harrisonburg, Strasburg, Woodstock, Mount Jackson, New Market, Winchester, Luray, Shenandoah, Stanley, Front Royal, Berryville, Lovingston, Charlottesville, Stanardsville, Madison, Washington, Warrenton, Purcellville, Charles Town, and Shepherdstown
1250 PM EST Thu Dec 22 2022
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM EST FRIDAY...
* WHAT...West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of north central Maryland, central and northern Virginia, and Jefferson County in eastern West Virginia.
* WHEN...From 6 AM to 6 PM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down. A few power outages may result.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Bitterly cold wind chills will be ongoing during the time of this high wind event. It is essential to make preparations now for extreme cold conditions with the potential for loss of power.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.