Many people fly American flags and claim to love this country, but it turns out, some parts of the U.S. are more patriotic than others. Ahead of the 4th of July, a new report reveals which states proudly express their patriotism the most.
WalletHub has just released their annual list of the Most Patriotic States in the U.S.
- They compared all 50 states on 13 key indicators in two main areas: Military and Civic Engagement.
- These include everything from the number of adults who voted in the 2020 presidential election to the share of enlisted military population to the number of AmeriCorps volunteers per capita.
- Virginia tops the list as the Most Patriotic State, coming in third for Military Engagement and eighth for Civic Engagement.
- Alaska, which is third overall, is first for Military Engagement, while Vermont, sixth overall, is number one for Civic Engagement.
- On the flip side, Arkansas is 50th, making it the Least Patriotic, and it’s also 50th for Civic Engagement.
The Top 10 Most Patriotic States
(Click here to see where your state lands)
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
The 10 Least Patriotic States
- Rhode Island
- New York