It’s always disappointing when a restaurant gets rid of your favorite menu item, but every once in a while you get lucky and it makes a comeback. Outback Steakhouse is giving folks the chance to enjoy a discontinued fan-favorite item again by bringing back the Wedge Salad.
It’s been requested since it was removed as part of a menu simplification during the pandemic. Over the last few years, people have taken to social media to beg for its return. And when Outback asked customers which menu item they missed the most, the response was clear. They wanted that famous Wedge Salad, which includes a wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with tomato, red onions, bacon, homemade blue cheese dressing and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
This week, the casual dining chain announced their new “Sweet Heat Season” menu will be available for a limited time, from July 26th to October 31st. It features some new items, as well as the beloved Wedge Salad:
- Hot Honey ‘Rita - A margarita “with notes of orange blossoms” and a cinnamon sugar rim. The cocktail comes with a stirring dipper full of hot honey, so “spice-seeking guests” can get an extra kick.
- Grilled chicken & Hot Honey Fried Shrimp - You can add a double drizzle of their house-made hot honey sauce or take the extra to go.
- Sirloin & Hot Honey Fried Chicken - Like the chicken and hot honey shrimp, you can decide how much hot honey you want.
- Filet & Snow Crab - This one doesn’t come with hot honey, but you do get steak and seafood.
- The Tim Tam Sundae - Satisfy your sweet tooth with this dessert made with crumbled Tim Tam cookies (chocolate malted cookies with chocolate and a chocolate cream filling), honey caramel popcorn and vanilla ice cream, topped with chocolate, caramel and whipped cream.