We all like to get a good deal on airline tickets, but cost isn’t the only thing that matters when it comes to choosing an airline for your next getaway. Reliability, service and comfort count, too, and a new report reveals which airlines do the best job with those.
- Bounce, a luggage storage company, has just released their 2023 Airline Index.
- They compared domestic airlines across 60 factors including the number of on-time arrivals, cancellations, meals, in-flight entertainment, seat comfort, staff service and free checked bag allowance.
- Delta Air Lines tops the list as the highest-rated domestic airline in the U.S.
- It has the highest percentage of on-time arrivals at 81.82%, as well as one of the lowest cancellation rates at 1.96%.
- Delta also gets high scores for in-flight experience, meals, seat comfort and staff service.
- Southwest Airlines comes in second, thanks to their baggage allowance policy that allows customers two free checked bags up to 50-pounds each, as well as one carry-on bag and one personal item.
- Hawaiian Airlines is third and it has the lowest cancellation rate of all domestic carriers.
- The lowest ranked domestic airlines are Allegiant Air, Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines.
The Top 10 Best Domestic Airlines in 2023
- Delta Air Lines
- Southwest Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- JetBlue Airways Corporation
- Spirit Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Allegiant Air