A devastated mother who's daughter died due to a heroin overdose, posted an emotional and private photo to warn families of the danger.
The once-beautiful young 22-year-old, with a full life ahead of her, is shown unresponsive. Moments later she would be taken off life support.
Elaina's last moments before being placed on life support were in the bathroom a Detroit Burger King around 5:30 p.m.
It was here that Elaina got a bad hit, with the heroin having been laced with fentanyl — a highly potent prescription drug.
For the next four days, Cheryl stood by her daughter at the hospital as she breathed her final breaths.