Memorial Day weekend is here and that means that it’s time for holiday parties and celebrations that include hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, and more. Before you serve the main course you probably want to include appetizers for your guests and EatThis ,NotThat! has picked eight of the best choices from Costco for you to consider.
- Spring Valley Beef Franks – Costco has 100-count boxes of Spring Valley's Cocktail Beef Franks Wrapped in Puff Pastry as well as a variety pack of plain and seasoned franks that you can purchase for $25.73 online. You prepare them by cooking in the oven for 14 to 17 minutes and they are ready to serve.
- Chicken Street Taco Kit – This kit includes 12 corn and flour tortillas, pre-cooked chicken, shredded cheese, cabbage slaw, cilantro lime crema, salsa, and lime wedges. These tacos make great appetizers and a Redditor said the Street Taco Kit was “a hit when [they] had family over and needed to feed a bunch of people.” This item sells for $5.49 per pound or around $15 in total.
- Shrimp Cocktail – the Costco shrimp cocktail comes in 1.5 to 1.75-pound packages according to CostContessa, Costco blogger. A 1.6-pound container goes for $14.38.
- Stonefire Naan Dippers – these are miniature pieces of naan bread that you can bake in the oven or microwave and are good for any kind of dip. You can get $2 off of this item until June 11 which brings the price down to $4.67
- Bibigo Beef Bulgogi Mandu – extra large dumplings containing Korean-style bulgogi marinated beef. They can be served as a topping, in a soup, or in a stir-fry with vegetables. It’s recommended to pan-fry them and they’re on sale until June 11 with $3.50 off and a final price of $11.69.
- Ling Ling Chicken & Vegetable Potstickers – these potstickers and be fried, boiled, microwaved, or steamed and come with a signature dipping sauce. They’re priced at $12.99 online for a 4.2-pound bag. Several Redditors commented that they preferred these to the Bibigo dumplings because they have a thicker wrapper.
- Mozzarella Sticks – Costco offers these in 2 2.5-pound boxes of 82 to 92 mozzarella sticks and they can be oven-baked, air-fried or deep-fried. One Redditor said “These are amazing. I’ve bought theses (sic) so many times.”
- Tempura Shrimp - Kirkland Tempura Shrimp come in a 30-count box with soy dipping sauce for $23 online. They are praised by many Redditors with one user commenting “Yes these are the best!!! I usually make them in the air fryer because it’s easier but they also get nice and crispy in the oven which is rare for a product.”