Don’t eat wild mushrooms until you’re sure they won’t kill you.
A rare and deadly mushroom is being studied in Colorado after popping up in a yard. It's known as the Destroying Angel mushroom and has only been found in the state a little more than half a dozen times previously after turning up a week and a half ago in Aurora.
The mushroom isn't dangerous to touch, but the poison it contains attacks the liver when it is eaten. There are no symptoms until it’s almost too late. It also will kill pets. The Denver Botanical Gardens now has it and is conducting additional research.
Source: NBC Denver