If you’ve ever wondered how some of the perfect pet pictures on social media were possible, we’ve got the secrets.
If you want to showcase your pup in outfits or even in a super cute setting there are tricks to make it happen . . . but . . . you should never force Fido into it. Russell Hartstein is a professional dog trainer and that’s his number one rule. He also notes that you should never shine a light in their face.
Here are your secrets to getting good social media shots of your doggie:
- Have treats handy.
- Ask a friend to help you.
- Consider using a leash.
- Get silly with them.
- Use peanut butter. Want your pup to kiss your cheek? Dab on the irresistible treat.
- Get them comfy with the props.
- Try something unfamiliar to get their attention. A bell, a crinkling water bottle . . . .
- Keep the location familiar.