We all have those days where the last thing we want to think about doing is cooking a meal, and thanks to so many delivery options we really don’t have to. But while pizza and Chinese food tend to travel well, some food may not be the best options when it comes to delivery.
Well, 24/7 Tempo just revealed their list for the foods you should never order from delivery, basing their assessment on health and nutrition articles, as well as restaurant employee confessions. They also considered foods that are likely to spoil if transported over long distances or present a health risk if not kept cold for a long period of time.
Foods you should think twice about getting delivered include: (click herefor the entire list)
- Sushi– Unless it’s got refrigerated transport you’re taking a big risk.
- Meatball Subs– They may still taste good, but they are bound to get soggy during transport.
- Tuna salad sandwich– Not only do you have the risk of fish going bad, there’s the mayo too.
- Smoothies– Just like ice cream, these will melt quickly.
- French Fries– Unless you like cold, dry fries this isn’t a good choice.
- Soup– Not only is it guaranteed to be cold, but hot liquids leach chemicals from plastic containers.
- Anything with avocados– Avocados oxidize quickly so they’ll wind up brown by the time you eat them.
- Steak– Steak is best served hot so when you get it delivered it will be lukewarm at best and not optimal.
- Nachos or crunchy tacos– There will be nothing crunchy about them by the time you get them, unless you ask for it deconstructed and put it together yourself.
- Bacon– Another food that’s best served fresh and hot, not cold, which is how you’ll likely get it after delivery.
Source:24/7 Wall Street