Not everything you read and hear on the internet is true . . . or smart.
Case in point: a Chinese woman is stable after poisoning herself with pesticide. Officials say the woman from East China was imitating a video she saw talking about destroying fleas with farm chemicals when she decided to wash her hair with pesticide. She wrapped her hair in a towel for twenty minutes with the chemical before washing it off to strengthen the effect.
However, she was taken to the hospital after she began to sweat and was not able to breathe. There, she was diagnosed with severe poisoning and all of her hair was shaved off. The woman is now in an intensive care unit where she is receiving more treatment.
In case you didn’t know, pesticides can be absorbed into the skin, making them fairly lethal.