For the performance of the track, which was originally from 1979's The Muppet Movie, Willie stood with his guitar in-tow in front of a string section as a rainbow illuminated behind him. After kicking off the number, Kacey took the stage in an orange one-piece to stand besides the living icon to delicate croon next to the country vet, before they traded portions of the track and eventually joined in on the hook together. To top things off, Kacey offered Willie a bow and an air kiss as they received their applause from the number.
The track is a special tune for the two since Willie included it on his 2001 album of the same name, while Kacey first performed the song when she was just 9-years-old. The two have a long standing friendship, including a number of collaborations both in and out of the studio like a "A Willie Nice Christmas," which appeared on her 2016 holiday album, A Very Kacey Christmas. Back in 2017, Kacey shared sweet words about the country legend. "He’s an interstellar human being. I love his crowds," she told The San Francisco Chronicle. "People aren’t there to see a ton of fireworks, they’re just there to see a legend and hear some really incredible songs."
Willie Nelson isn’t slowing down anytime soon. He just announced some 2020 tour dates, which will bring him to California, Florida and Georgia.
The new tour dates kick off January 3rd in San Diego, California, wrapping February 21st in Orlando, Florida. Tickets for all shows go on sale tomorrow.
Check out the first few dates below and click here for the complete schedule.
- January 3rd: San Diego, CA - Balboa Theatre
- January 4th: Bakersfield, CA - Rabobank Theater
- January 6th, 8th& 9th: San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
- January 11th: Redding, CA - Redding Civic Auditorium
- January 13th: Stockton, CA - Stockton Arena
- January 14th: Ontario, CA - Toyota Arena
- February 11th: Savannah, GA - Johnny Mercer Theatre
- February 12th: Melbourne, FL - King Center for the Performing Arts
- February 14th: Clearwater, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
- February 15th: St. Augustine, FL - St. Augustine Amphitheatre