No matter how prepared you are for your Thanksgiving dinner, you’re bound to forget something you need for cooking. And chances are, you won’t realize it until you’re in the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning. Fortunately, a bunch of grocery stores will be open for all your last-minute needs.
Here are the ones you can count on, just call your local store before running out to confirm they’re open:
- Acme Markets: Most stores will be open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Albertsons: Some stores will open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cub Foods: Most stores should be open 24 hours that day.
- Fairway Market: Most stores will open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Food Lion: All stores are open regular hours.
- The Fresh Market: All stores will be open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hannaford: Some stores will open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Some stores are closed.)
- Harris Teeter: All stores will be open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- H-E-B: All stores will open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hy-Vee: Some stores will close at 2 p.m.
- Kroger: Many stores open 24 hours, but some stores will only be open 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ralphs: Most stores will be open 5 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Safeway: All stores will be open, call for hours.
- Save Mart: Most stores should be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: All stores open will be 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey stores will be open until 5 p.m.
- Target: All stores will be open 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Walmart: All stores will be open by 6 p.m.
- Wegmans: Most stores will be open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., but Massachusetts locations will remain closed.
- Whole Foods: Many stores open 7 a.m., with some closing as early as 2 p.m. Call for hours.
- Winn-Dixie: Many (but not all!) stores should be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
These Grocery Stores Will Be Closed On Thanksgiving:
- BJ's Wholesale Club
- Giant Eagle
- Sam's Club
- Save Mart
- Trader Joe's