We all know we’re addicted to our phones but you probably don’t realize just how often you look at your device each day, and it’s really kinda scary.
According to a new survey:
- Americans look at their phones 96 times a day.
- That translates to once every ten minutes.
- That’s a 20% increase from a similar survey conducted two years ago.
The survey also finds:
- The number one reason folks use their phone is to stay connected with family and friends.
- Texting is the thing most people use their phones for, and that is across all age groups, even Baby Boomers.
- 90% of Americans are offended when someone starts looking at their phone when they are speaking to them.
- Although three quarters of people admit they’ve looked at their phone when someone was speaking, with 20% doing it frequently.