Man Sets His Apartment Building On Fire Trying To Chase A Squirrel

Some people aren't good dealing with rodents.  A man accidentally set his apartment complex on fire by trying to get rid of a squirrel. That's right, a squirrel played a part in sparking an apartment fire in Washington D.C. Fire investigators say the trouble started when a resident at a three-story building found the squirrel making a hole in the ceiling. So the man lit an incense stick and placed it in the hole in the hopes of scaring away the rodent. However, his plan didn't go as he thought it would. The squirrel broke off the burning incense tip in the attic of the building, causing the roof to catch fire. Smoke filled the apartment. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and stopped it from spreading throughout the building. Four residents of the building are displaced and the Red Cross is helping them find shelter. To make matters worse, the man had turned his smoke detectors off.

 
Chris & Rosie

Chris & Rosie

Listen to the Chris and Rosie Show on Shenandoah Country Q102 Weekdays from 6-10am on our iHeartRadio App! Read more

title

Content Goes Here