Most people only say hi and pay their delivery driver when they order food (if that), but one woman’s exchange with her delivery guy has now sparked a huge debate online.
Shannon Charnick shared her recent encounter with her delivery guy from a local kebab place, which she seemed to find funny, but others were not laughing. “I ordered food from the kebab (again) and when the delivery man come to my door I said omg I’m gunna get so fat and then he text me this (sic),” she tweeted, adding a photo of the text she got later from her delivery guy, which read, “You got me worried about what you said about getting fat. Don’t worry you are not fat. Hope you are ok.”
- Shannon's tweet has since been liked 523,000 times, with 25,000 replies, and many people are warning her that the guy’s response may not have been so innocent.
- “I once had a Dominos delivery bloke hounding me by text,” one person warned, while another added, “I once had a pizza delivery guy start phoning me and texting me asking to be my lover because I said Happy Valentines Day when I was paying. I laughed about it but was actually pretty shaken up.”
- And a man pointed out, “He wouldn’t have text me if I’d said the same. There’s only one reason he texted you…”
- But others thought the delivery guy’s response was genuine.
- “The fact he checked on you is so kind,” one woman commented. “The world needs more people like him.”
- And another added, “This is a sweet thing for him to say. It’s good to help others.”
And it seems Shannon isn’t all that worried by the text, and is pretty surprised by how many responses she got. She shared, “I only wanted to share that my delivery driver was nice.”
Source: The Sun
PHOTO: Getty Images