How much you get paid to perform your vocation of choice can vary greatly depending on what state you live in. Here are the highest-paying states for specific vocations according to data compiled by Stacker.
- Accountant –Washington, DC (average wage of $103,930)
- Air Traffic Controller –Illinois ($136,700)
- Baker –Hawaii ($38,080)
- Bartender –Washington DC ($48,290)
- Bus Driver –New York ($62,020)
- Computer Systems Analyst –California ($110,820)
- Dental Hygienist –Alaska ($114,790)
- Highway Maintenance Worker –Washington ($54,580)
- Massage Therapist –Alaska ($77,080)
- Tax Preparers –New York ($65,580)
- Waiters/Waitresses –Hawaii ($55,200)
Check out more careers and the states that pay best for them here.
PHOTO: Getty Images