After a long, hot day in Vancouver, Washington, Karmen Ayres left her office and walked to her car. As she approached the parking lot, she noticed the front windshield of her car had been smashed.
According to KGW-TV, she walked closer and realized that there was something lodged inside the broken glass.
Ayres told KGW-TV:
“At first I looked up, because I thought maybe something fell. But then I noticed it was from the inside out. I was in shock and then I realized what it was.”
Upon closer inspection, she realized that she had left a hairspray can in the car that exploded at high temperatures.