Today is National Taco Day . . .
A BUNCH of big Mexican food chains are giving away free tacos today. Except for Taco Bell . . . their Taco Day promotion is that they're selling "gift sets" where you can pay $5 to buy four tacos for a friend.
- California Tortilla - Buy one taco, get one free.
- Chuy’s - Save $1 on Mexican beer all day and get $1 Crispy Beef tacos with any order. But if you want a free entree, you’ll have to come dressed in a taco costume.
- El Fenix - Get a Taco Plate for just $4.99 today.
- El Pollo Loco - Use this coupon to get a free taco platter when you buy a taco platter of equal or greater value.
- Fuzzy’s Tacos - Tacos are just $1 on National Taco Day!
- Jimboy’s Tacos - BOGO original ground beef tacos, up to three per guest
- On the Border - Treat yourself with 50-cent mini tacos all day long.
- Rubio’s - Original Fish Tacos are $1.75 all day and the Fish Taco Especial is only $2.
- Taco Bell - Celebrate the holiday with a $5 Taco Day Gift Set, which includes a Crunchy Taco, a Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco, a Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco and a Fiery Doritos Locos Taco.
- Taco Cabana - Sign up for TC Rewards and get a free Fajita Taco.
- Taco John’s - They’re actually giving away a free taco in honor of National Taco Day, use this coupon to get the deal.
- TacoTime - Today, get one free crisp taco.
- Tijuana Flats - All locations will have $2 tacos and $2 Mexican draft beers for National Taco Day
Click HERE for more on this story.
To keep you entertained from now until you start mainlining free tacos, here are some stats in honor of the holiday . . .
1. More than 95% of Americans say they like tacos . . . and 71% prefer tacos over burritos.
2. Three-quarters of us eat tacos at least once a month.
3. And the most popular taco meats are, in order: Carne asada . . . barbacoa . . . chicken . . . pork . . . and chorizo. The least popular meat? Lengua . . . also known as COW TONGUE.