No matter how hard you try to find the perfect gift for someone, there’s always going to be that person who’s unhappy, which means they’ll probably be headed to the store soon to return what you gave them. Knowing this, instead of wracking your brain for the perfect gift, your best bet is probably to just buy them something from a store with a great return policy, and there’s no doubt some stores deal with returns better than others.
Well, RetailMeNot has just come out with their list of the most return-friendly retailers so if you’re still looking for something for that hard-to-buy person on your list, you may want to consider heading to one of them.
Stores with great return policies include:
- Athleta – Believe it or not, their “Give it a Workout” guarantee allows customers try out an item and then return it if they don’t like how it performs. Since it’s athleisure wear that means folks can sweat in something and bring it back.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond – Of course, anyone with a receipt will get a full refund, and a gift receipt will receive store credit, but if you don’t have a receipt for something purchased within the last 365 days, they’ll try to search for your transaction record. If they can’t find it, you’ll still get a store credit, with 20% taken off the current sale price.
- Kohl's – If your purchase is made with a Kohl’s charge or major credit card they will look it up for up to 16 months and give returners store credit. They’ll even give store credit or a corporate-issued refund to those who wait longer and don’t have a receipt.
- Land’s End – If you’re not happy with a purchase you can bring it back anytime. If you have the receipt you can exchange it or return it anytime, and that includes monogrammed or hemmed items.
- Macy’s – Macy’s gives folks about 180 days to return an item (with a few exceptions). Without a receipt, Macy’s will still let you return most items for store credit, based on the item’s lowest selling price within the previous 180 days.
- Nordstrom – Nordstrom’s return policy is considered one of the best because basically “there is no return policy.” The set no time limits for returns, and they don’t even require a receipt or paperwork. They even provide free shipping for stuff you bought online and want to return. But this is only for regular Nordstrom stores, not Nordstrom Rack. They have a 45-day return policy as long as you have a receipt, original tags.
- Target – You have 90 days to get a refund or make an exchange on most unopened items in new condition. For Target Owned brand items they have a one-year return policy. And you don’t necessarily need a receipt, since Targent can look up a purchase made via credit card, gift card or check. And online items can be returned to actual Target locations.
Source: Yahoo Finance