It’s hard enough doing a sermon without an audience, but trying one via livestream for the first time is….distracting.
Reverend Stephen Bach of St. Budeaux Parish Church in Cornwall has had to adjust to no services with people in the congregation due to the coronavirus. The church has transitioned to online sermon instead.
He gave it a go yesterday and while “leaning into the shot” for the stream, Bach got a little too close to one of the candles lit to help set the mood. Not only was his sermon on fire, but so was he. Bach quickly doused the flames that were ono his sleeve.
Bach’s niece shared the video online and she later added that he was fine, except that his favorite service jumper was burned.