Subway was founded back in 1965 with steady growth up until 2014, but thousands of locations were closed between 2016 and 2020 and a new revamped menu is coming on July 12 to help re-energize the chain. It’s the biggest change to the menu in over 60 years and there will also be a one million sandwich giveaway to reveal the new menu.
Subway has been advertising their Eat Fresh Refresh campaign with 20 “new and refreshed” menu ingredients recently and these were used to create the new Subway Series, a collection of 12 signature sandwiches. Customers can order these sandwiches by name or number and they fall into four categories – Cheesesteaks, Italianos, Chicken and Clubs. Subway says that guests can still build their own sandwiches but it took their culinary experts over a year to come up with the following items.
- #1 The Philly – traditional Philly cheesesteak
- #2 The Outlaw – with pepper jack cheese and Baja Chipotle sauce
- #3 The Monster – with steak and stacks of bacon
- #4 Supreme Meats – Black Forest ham, Genoa salami, pepperoni and capicola
- #5 Bella Mozza – features BelGioioso Mozzarella
- #6 The Boss – meatballs, marinara, pepperoni, Italian herbs and cheese
- #7 The Mexicali – Smashed avocado and spicy
- #8 The Great Garlic – bacon and rotisserie-style chicken with roasted garlic aioli
- #9 The Champ – chicken, cheese onions and peppers
- #10 All-American Club – ham, turkey, bacon cheese and veggies
- #11 Subway Club – roast beef, turkey, cheese and veggies
- #12 Turkey Cali Club – turkey, bacon, smashed avocado and spinach
To celebrate the occasion on July 12 from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. local time you can grab one of these for free at any participating Subway location. You may want to arrive early because there’s a limit of one million free 6-inch Subway Series Subs nationwide.