Summertime means getting outside and that comes with some issues.
If you’re prepared to head out, but not handle a few summer issues, “Today” is sharing home remedies suggested by expert Dr. Taz Bhatia for them.
- Dehydration: make your own electrolyte drink by mixing water with fresh-squeezed lemon juice and/or other citrus fruits, raw honey and a pinch of sea salt.
- Sunburn: “To relieve a sunburn, dissolve one or two cups of Epsom salt in a bath and soak the parts of your skin that are sunburned.” You can also try an Epsom salt compress.
- Bug bites or bee stings: Roll on or apply a few drops of Lavender essential oil. It controls inflammation, itching, and swelling.
- Poison Ivy: Mix together aloe vera and tea tree oil for relief. Mix 3-5 drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of aloe and be sure to wear gloves to apply directly to the skin.
- Jellyfish Stings: Rinse the sting with vinegar to stop the stingers from releasing more venom. Don’t rub or ice the area, as both can drive the barbs further into your skin.