Inflation is making people cut back where they can. That’s why “Today” called in Halloween fan and shopping expert Stephanie Ruhl to share her tips on cutting costs for the holiday.
- First up is candy. Stephanie says wait until the last minute to buy it, since stores can’t sell Halloween branded candy afterwards.
- She also says to buy your least favorite, so you won’t snack on it.
- Calculate how much you’ll give out and buy accordingly.
- Go old school and create your own costume instead of buying one.
- Top costumes are the same every year, so recycle and swap with neighbors.
- When it comes to decorations, make it a family thing and create your own…with the help of a crafts store.