Another day, another ridiculous and dangerous TikTok trend. Doctors are warning people not to try the “exploding egg” trend, which involves microwaving hard-boiled eggs and then cutting them to see the scalding hot yoke burst into a steam cloud and even spray across the room.
Not surprisingly, docs like Dr. Grace Wang, an ophthalmologist at the University of Michigan warn, "The hot steam and the hot egg along with the force of the explosion can really hit you in the face and cause burns, and not just to your skin. It can burn your eyes and cause injuries." So please…cook your eggs responsibly.