Starbucks served up their first Pumpkin Spice Latte back in 2003, kicking off a craze for the flavor. That blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice wasn’t new, it’s been used in baking since the 1930s, but people have gotten really obsessed with all things pumpkin spice since the arrival of PSLs. It’s led to all kinds of pumpkin spice flavored and scented items, many of which are delicious, like all those baked goods, but some of them have just taken the trend too far.
These are some of the pumpkin spice products that crossed the line:
- Pumpkin Spice bath bombs - We love a bath bomb and a soak in the tub, but we don’t want to come out smelling like a PSL when we’re done.
- Natural deodorant - Native brand deodorant released a scent they call “warm cider and cinnamon” that’s described as “like a mug of autumn goodness.” But does anyone really want their pits to smell like that?
- Pumpkin Spice Diamond Ring - Jewelry company Angelis Diamonds actually made a Pumpkin Spice Engagement Ring that we told you about when it came out last year. The sparkler features a “cup-shaped claw” with a center diamond shaped like whipped cream, surrounded with orange sapphires and a rose gold band. The more than $11-thousand price tag makes it by far the most expensive pumpkin spice item we’ve seen.
- Kitty Litter - Special Kitty brand made a pumpkin spice scented scoopable cat litter, but who wants the aroma of their favorite fancy latte to be the same as the thing their cat poops on?
- Pumpkin Spice Pringles - These were a very real product that we’re relieved is no longer available.
- Pumpkin Spice SPAM - It started as a joke, when SPAM shared an image of Pumpkin Spice SPAM on their Facebook page in 2017, but they made it a reality by actually creating the concoction in 2019. It was a limited release that sold out in seven hours and hasn’t been seen since … and we’re not sorry.
- Cup of Noodles - Even ramen has gotten the pumpkin spice treatment, with Nissen Foods set to release a Pumpkin Spice Cup of Noodles next month in celebration of their 50th anniversary.
Source: Cafe Mom