Has your phone died not long after you charged it? It’s frustrating to say the least! What causes battery life to plunge too soon? Human error. That’s why “Study Finds” pulled together info so you can keep your battery running optimally for a long time.
- Don’t charge your phone overnight. Full charging cycles (going from 0%–100%) should be avoided to maximize your battery’s lifespan
- The perfect range for your battery is between 20 and 80-percent
- Trickle charging wears a battery down
- Avoid exposing your phone to high temperatures – Apple and Samsung say their phones work best at 0℃ to 35℃ ambient temperatures
- Keep your phone in a well-ventilated area while it’s charging and avoid placing it or the charger under a blanket, pillow or your body while it’s connected to a power source
- Monitor your battery health and use to identify unusual trends, such as taking an excessive time to charge, or rapid draining
- If you notice your phone is heating up excessively or has a bulging or swollen back, get an authorized service center to check and repair it.
Source: Study Finds