If the creators of one of Disney’s biggest hits had not gone with their instincts, we would have seen a much different movie!
Producer Peter Del Vecho has detailed, for the first time, what changes were made and why. First off Elsa and Anna were not princesses and not related. Here are some more details:
- Elsa was an evil self proclaimed snow queen with an army of monsters.
- The film was to open with a prophecy that “a ruler with a frozen heart will bring destruction to the kingdom of Arendelle.”
- Kristoff has “a Han Solo moment” and comes to help Anna and Prince Hans is the one revealed to be in the prophesy not Elsa, so the snow queen’s heart melts.
- The creative team had a “sister summit” so they could develop a way to feel sympathetic towards Elsa. It worked.
- Elsa froze her own heart after being left at the altar.
Source: Entertainment Weekly