It’s no secret that there’s a gender pay gap in America, with women making less than men for doing the same work in several areas. And while this isn’t true across the board, there are a lot of jobs out there that don’t treat women as well as they do men, and gals are definately getting short changed
Well, 24/7 Wall Street has just identified the 20 worst-paying jobs for women, gigs that have the lowest pay equity between the genders. The site looked at data on salaries of 120 jobs from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and compared the median weekly income of both men and women.
The 20 Worst Paying Jobs for Women in America
- Personal financial advisors, On average women make 56% of what men make in the exact same position.
- Insurance sales agents, Women make 58% of what men make.
- Physicians and surgeons, Women make only 63% of what male doctors earn.
- Real estate brokers and sales agents, 64%.
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents, 65%
- Marketing and sales managers. 65%
- Administrative services managers, 68%
- Sales representatives, services, all other, 69%
- Other teachers and instructors. 69%
- Financial managers, 69%
- Credit counselors and loan officers
- Inspectors, testers, sorters, samplers, and weighers
- Retail salespersons
- Property, real estate, and community association managers
- Accountants and auditors
- Lodging managers
- Financial analysts
- First-line supervisors of food preparation and serving workers
Source: 24/7 Wall Street