Don’t Plug Your Space Heater Into A Power Strip

This article is originally from the year 2017. It’s making new rounds in our Facebook circle of friends. And . . . we are sharing it in case you hadn't heard.

A fire department is warning the public about the dangers of plugging a space heater into a power strip.

The Umatilla County Fire District in Oregon posted the warning on its Facebook page with a picture of a melted power strip.

"The weather is getting colder, and people are pulling out their space heaters. We just wanted to remind you that you should NEVER plug a heater into a power strip," the fire department wrote on its Facebook page. "These units are not designed to handle the high current flow needed for a space heater and can overheat or even catch fire due to the added energy flow. Please share and stay safe this Winter season."

The Electrical Safety Foundation International says heating equipment is the second leading cause of home fires in the U.S. with more than 65,000 fires being attributed to them each year. The ESFI reports that fire results in hundreds of deaths, thousands of injuries and millions of dollars in property damage.

SOURCE: Fox News 2017

 
Chris & Rosie

Chris & Rosie

Listen to the Chris and Rosie Show on Shenandoah Country Q102 Weekdays from 6-10am on our iHeartRadio App! Read more

title

Content Goes Here